215 South Oak Street, Room # 104, Colville, WA 99114
Telephone: (509) 684-7510, TTY: (800) 833-6388, Fax: (509) 684-7568
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 4:00 PM

Page Updated:  03/23/2017

Motor Vehicle Licensing

License tab renewals can be done online or through the mail.

On-Line License Tab Renewals

Mailing Address:  for Renewals
Stevens County Auto License Office
215 S. Oak Street, Room # 104
Colville, WA  99114
**All offices provide mail service & online order processing.  When ordering
online or by mail, you can choose which office to order from.
The Auditor's office has been appointed by the Governor's Office as an agent of the Washington State Department of Licensing.  This responsibility encompasses:
  ●  Sale of motor vehicle and vessel licenses
   Collection of license fees
  ●  Transfer of vehicles and vessels from one owner to another
  ●  Title changes to add or delete a legal owner other than the registered owner
  ●  Collection of load fees on trucks
  ●  Other transactions involving motor vehicles and vessels
The Auditor is also an agent for the Department of Revenue and collects sales taxes on transfers of such vehicles made between individuals.

Vehicle Licensing Locations      

  Stevens County Auto License Office in the Courthouse  

Kevin G. Schalock Vehicle Licensing Kettle Falls Auto Licensing   ●  Lakeside Licensing
     215 S. Oak Street, Room # 104    101 N. Park Street, PO Box 316   943 Lakeview Drive      5919 Hwy 291, Unit 1
     Colville, WA  99114    Chewelah, WA  99109   Kettle Falls, WA  99141      Nine Mile Falls, WA 99026
     Phone Number: (509) 684-7510     Phone Number: (509) 935-8552    Phone Number: (509) 738-4041      Phone Number:  (509) 598-8072


   Fax Number: (509) 738-4031      New office next to the library

*Open every first and last Saturday

*Beginning in May, closed on Saturday  
Monday 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday CLOSED Monday CLOSED Monday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Tuesday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Tuesday  10:00 am - 5:00 pm Tuesday  9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Wednesday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Wednesday  10:00 am - 5:00 pm Wednesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Thursday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Thursday  10:00 am - 5:00 pm Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Friday 8:00 am - 3:00 pm Friday  10:00 am - 5:00 pm Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday  CLOSED *Saturday  9:00 am - 12 Noon *Saturday   CLOSED Saturday  9:00 am - 12 Noon


July 1, 2015  
This new law, separates 4-wheelers and Utility type (side by side) ATV’s from the same class as Dirtbikes, 3-Wheelers, Dune-buggies, and golf carts etc…  The annual tab will be designated as off-road, or on-road (for those choosing to modify their machines and pay an additional $12.00 annually). The  license tab will be affixed to a metal tag (like a license plate) on the back of the machine.   No FEE for metal tag.

OPTIONAL: Machines can be modified for on-road by making the required modifications and having a licensed WATV dealer or repair shop sign the Wheeled All-Terrain Vehicle Road Use Declaration.  See equipment requirements  RCW 46.09.457.

This is not to be confused with “where” you are allowed to ride!  The USFS, DNR (WA State), Local Counties and Cities have their own ordinances defining where you can ride.  Changing the “TAG” system on these machines; does not change any of their ordinances.  Your registrations will read “ATV” use class instead of “ORV”.  Not all jurisdictions have an On-Road ordinance.   Know before you go!

Great Resources for Trail and Road Information:

www.co.stevens.wa.us     (OHV Recreation Link)

www.ferry-county.com        (Commissioners Link)


www.where-to-ride.info/   With Interactive Map of WA State


Effective September 1, 2009, a $5.00 State Park donation is included in all passenger and light truck renewals.  Customers do not have to donate, they simply deduct the $5.00 fee from their total when that vehicle qualifies.

<Top of page>

Hit Counter