Stevens County Board of Equalization  215 South Oak Street, Colville, WA  99114
Email:   Telephone: (509) 684-7513, Toll Free: (866) 513-2741 (Ext. 7513), TTY: (800) 833-6388 
Office Hours: Email the Clerk for an appointment as hours are limited

Do you want to file a petition to the BOE?

There are several times throughout the year when you can file a petition, please look below to see what filing period(s) are open right now, and then read on to find out more about the Board of Equalization as well as a link to the appropriate petition form.

*If you are unsure if you qualify to file a petition during an open filing period, please contact the Board Clerk.*

A filing period to appeal the 2020 value (for 2021 taxes) is now open for any taxpayer; Petitions need to be postmarked by July 1, 2020. A copy of everything submitted to the BOE should be sent to the Assessor. A second filing period will come open for any taxpayer who receives a Change Notice from the county Assessor.  Change notices will likely go out early summer.  Petitions must be postmarked within 60 days of the mailing.

The Real Property Valuation Determination form is available to print or download below, or you can pick up from the Assessor or the Board of Equalization (BOE office is located in the Commissionerís building).  Please contact the Board Clerk by emailing or calling (509) 684-7513 if you need to have a form sent to you by mail.

Every year ANY taxpayer can file a petition prior to July 1st for the current valuation year, taxes payable following year. 

  * If you have missed the deadline for the filing period under which you had hoped to file, you may qualify to file a late filing exemption request under WAC 458-14-056.  There may even be other provisions which would still allow you to file, so please contact the Board Clerk to see if you qualify.*

The Board of Equalization is an independent body of private citizens appointed by the Stevens County Commissioners.  It is comprised of three members and up to four alternate members.  We currently have an open position; if you are interested please complete an application:  BOE Application Form in PDF Format
The Board of Equalization hears and decides appeals concerning determinations made by the assessor including:  changes to real and personal property valuations, current use determinations, designated forest land determinations and senior citizen/disabled person exemption determinations.
The Board's goal is to provide an impartial hearing environment that protects each party's due process rights and results in a fair decision.
Board of Equalization forms may be obtained from the Clerk of the Board, located at the above address and phone number, the Assessor's office or on this website.
Appeals must be filed with the Board of Equalization by the filing date deadline of July 1, of the assessment year, or within 60 days of the mailing date on the Assessor's Notice of Change of Value.




Please Note:  Faxed or emailed Petitions are acceptable ONLY for the purpose of protecting a filing deadline.  You must still submit the original signed Petition to our office.

Taxpayer Petitions Forms Hearing Schedule
  Real Property Valuation Determination -  in pdf Format  
 Personal Property Valuation Determination   -  in pdf Format  
  Current Use/Designated Forest Land Determination in pdf Format  
  Senior Citizen/Disabled Person Exemption or Deferral Determination in pdf Format  
  Appealing Your Property Value to the County Board of Equalization  
  The process of coming before the Stevens County Board of Equalization  
  Checklist for Appealing Your Property Value  
  Guidelines for Hearing Evidence  
  Request for Reconvening  
  Board of Equalization Manual with RCW's & WAC's  
  RCW Link  
  WAC Link  
  Washington State Board of Tax Appeals Form  
  State Forms  
  Department of Revenue  
  Washington State Board of Tax Appeals  
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access and use these forms.  If you do not have this program, please use the link listed on this page as it is a free download.  Some of these forms are 'print only' , they cannot be saved electronically.  A message will appear near the top of the form when this is the case.  
  Get Acrobat here  
  Questions?   Please contact, Amanda Garringer, BOE Clerk, email: